Bethesda has released a new hotfix update for DOOM Eternal. We have all the details for this upgrade on May 16th.
It looks like there were several problems with the first content update 1.03, which is fixed with today’s patch.
DOOM Eternal Patch Notes 1.04.
- BATTLEMODE Tutorials are now required for first-time players when entering the mode
- Additional performance to take disciplinary action against players who exploit BATTLEMODE by prematurely exiting matches or are abusive on voice conversation
- BATTLEMODE Death Report Deaths in BATTLEMODE today display a damage report showing players precisely what killed them
- New Indicator for Healing Demon Players New FX screen under player headers in BATTLEMODE when they’re actively healing. That is visible to all gamers.
New Network Icons in BATTLEMODE will exhibit if network conditions introduce latency or packet loss. The Network Icons are as follows:
- Latency Variation: Your latency is fluctuating inconsistently, which can cause irregular lag (see High Latency)
- High Latency: The time that it takes for information to travel between you and the host is high. Also known as a high”ping”, also ends in lag.
- Packet Loss: Greater packet loss means more data is being dropped between you and the host.